Care for Your Family and Friends.
At Tubman we believe that connecting with people to support you in your grief should be your family’s priority, not focusing on details. Taking care of your own funeral arrangements is a powerful and loving way to care for your family and friends after you are gone. Having the opportunity to speak with one of our grief experts will also help you make decisions that enable your family in their grief journey to make it a healing experience for them.
Please call us at 613-722-6559 if you’d like to learn more about pre-arranging your funeral or even just to talk to us about what you need to consider. We would like to help you in any way we can.
Whether you choose to prepay or not isn’t important. What is important is that you document your intimate funeral instructions with our funeral directors. These instructions should include such things as;
- Whether you’d prefer a burial or cremation
- How you choose to receive your friends for the visitation
- The choice of caskets, urns, outer receptacles
- Choice of keepsakes and memorial tributes
- The nature of your funeral service
- Interment, inurnment and permanent memorialization
- The reception after the funeral
- How you will inform family and friends
If you would like, you can begin the process now by using our online pre-arrangement form to complete some of the practical information that is required by government agencies. Then later we can discuss the emotional needs of your family.